Friday, October 30, 2009

Recipe #2 Cookies'N'Cream Cupcakes

Merely the sound of these cupcakes made my mouth water! Now we are talking some serious cupcakes here people! Cookies and cream! Can there be anything better than oreos combined with cupcake batter? Simply heaven on earth! Ok I know what you are thinking...."Come on Whitney, these are just cupcakes!" No they are not! Cookie'N'Cream cupcakes, did you read the title? Now doesn't even the batter look heavenly? Don't you just want to reach into that bowl with a spoon and indulge yourself?

Well the cupcakes turned out just as delicious as they looked! This recipe started with a pretty gener
al white cupcake recipe, then comes the yummy part, crushed oreos mixed into the batter! Talk about YUMM-O! After mixing the batter gently (so not to crush the oreos more than intended) you spooned the batter into the cupcake liners and let the house fill up with the delicious smell of baking cupcakes. And just when I thought these cupcakes couldn't get any better I saw the finished cupcakes! HEAVEN!

Now I believe the icing is what truly makes a yummy yummy cupcakes. You can make an absolutely delicious cupcake and if the icing is not perfect it ruins the entire thing. Perhaps that is a little dramatic, but come on, yummy icing makes for yummy cupcakes. The icing for these cupcakes was intended to mimic the cream filling of an oreo. It was a mix of white chocolate, cream cheese, a little whipping cream, and a little butter. You then whipped all of this together until it made a fluffy ici
ng. The directions then said to top with small oreos and let the icing harden, well, being the rebellious baker I am I decided to top the cupcakes with crushed oreos instead and made my frosting a little more whipped so it did not harden quit so much. The finished result was beautiful!

You know you want one don't you? They were absolutely delicious! I ended up selling these cupcakes at a bake sale we had for my nursing class. We sold every last one of them! I truly hope everyone enjoyed them just as much as I did. This has to be my favorite recipe so far (although I have only baked 2 recipes this far) but I know there will be plenty more favorites to come. Let the baking adventure continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment